A JOKE FROM EACH SEASON 2 EPISODE OF UNBREAKABLE KIMMY SCHMIDT
I finally completed my season 2 watch of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. Its joke writing is top notch - and this list showcases just one joke per episode, not necessarily my favorite. (For example, I couldn't grab the best images of the robot, one of the better running gags of the series.)
- •I wish there would have been more "Kimmy and Dong discuss the Kardashians" jokes, but maybe this was too perfect to ever have more.
- •Kimmy's résumé was printed on a dot matrix printer! The non torn borders is a great gift for viewers on the wrong side of 30.
- •Always count on UKS for great word play.
- •This picture represents the theme song Kimmy sung in the public library.
- •The "diet water" narrowly beat out the small empty box that stored a "grand piano."
- •¡SEXY JOE BIDEN!
- •The show won't throw away an establishing shot, it's a new joke opportunity.
- •The entire Dawson's Creek sex breakdown was another chunk I feel was directly written for my age group.
- •I was cracking up at all the song parodies, but I loved the Sugar Ray punch that was buried in this episode.
- •Great callback to the personality killing drug. Of course the psychiatrist had swag for it.
- •Often times the show would end an episode with a perfect tag.
- •Again. Never passes up an opportunity for a joke. Why don't other shows try this hard?
- •I want that shirt.
- •*Bonus: my favorite visual gag of the season*A box full of "Own the Skins with Jeremy Piven" drumming instructional DVDs poured into the FREE bin at a thrift store.