"JUMPER" BY THIRD EYE BLIND IS THE POLITICAL ANTHEM OF 2016!
Third Eye Blind was a big act who released (depending on who you ask) at least three huge hits of the late 1990s. Their song “Jumper” (given recent events) has taken on a whole new context in 2016’s political environment.
- •To bring you up to speed on what they did at the Republican National Convention.And now, in the points below, are the lyrics to “Jumper” by Thrid Eye Blind:
- •“I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend / You could cut ties with all the lies that you've been living in”Simply replace “ledge” with “platform” (and pluralize the Jumper)
- •“And if you do not want to see me again I would understand, I would understand”This song is about suicide. Leaving your life. In this context, I propose the idea of a Trump presidency motivating you to leave the country.
- •“The angry boy a bit too insane / icing over a secret pain / You know you don't belong”Now I’m switching the focus a bit – turning the focus to a specific angry boy who is coated in insanity and none of us can believe is even in this conversation (let alone convention).
- •“You're the first to fight / You're way too loud / You're the flash of light on a burial shroud / I know that something's wrong"Am I on to something here, or what?
- •“Well everyone I know has got a reason / To say / put the past away”We need to “put the past away” the GOP wants a return to it.
- •*another chrous about us wanting the GOP to step back from their platform and recognize the truth in their actions*
- •The song’s second verse includes the lines “You've been dismissed / I never thought it would come to this"right? RIGHT?
- •I'm with her.