TIMES OF DAY I LOVE LISTENING TO MUSIC, RANKED.
- 1.When I first awake, still in bed, before I start the day. (Sunshine For The Ears)*could be headphones, or just lazily from a bedside iPad* Only on weekends, sadly.
- 2.When I first get into bed, before I end the day. (Outro)*I sleep wearing earphones* I know this isn't healthy / good for my sleep issues. [and... This would qualify here: 🏀 CRUSIN' FOR A SMOOCHIN' (MY MAKEOUT MIXTAPE, AVAILABLE ON SPOTIFY) 🏀 ]
- 3.When I'm walking in my neighborhood. (Power Strut)*when I get rich enough I will hire an advance team that carries blasting boomboxes everywhere I go* Until then, if the walk is more than 2 blocks, I'm not doing it without headphones.
- 4.When I hijack the party playlist and play one of my own mixtapes. ("TipsyQ Soundtrack" https://open.spotify.com/user/tomquestion/playlist/1ENDxgy9lK6J3j5xXLJ7Rt )*other people's speakers* Especially if I hear a "Spotify Free" commercial interrupt a party I'm attending, I'll politely offer my services and Premium Membership. Once I connect to the soundsystem, the party can truly begin.
- 5.When I'm in the car, alone in night traffic. (Roll With It)*in my car* Night traffic is a different animal. And it's really the only time I like music in the car (I've become a podcast in my car / music on the train or bus kind of person)
- 6.When I enter my apartment after returning from work. (Welcome Home Volume Pump)*on my loud speakers* Before I dive into DVR or incessantly check social media... When I change out of the deplorable business casual and into my play clothes. If I have a date that night, I'll play it a little louder (to hear it through a shower curtain and to dance away anxiety).
- 7.When the weekend is on the horizon. (Friday Afternoon Cubicle Dance Parties)*one earbud in / other ear available for interruption* When the emails tend to slow down at the end of a week. No more meetings between you and the weekend. This is when music powers me to that beautiful finish line, providing focus to wrap up things and set up other things (I work on things).
- 8.When in a bar. (Tavern Tunes)*sounds through the suds* I can't accurately rank this experience because many bars have a great music selection. It's as important to my evaluation process as its beer offerings. I'll swear off a bar forever if I hate it's music, but am equally likely to sing its praises when warranted.
- 9.When commuting to work. (Overture)*morning car traffic of crowded train car* Oddly, I don't listen to much music on my way into work. That time is reserved for the comedy podcasts I hold so dear. Is it because I need to laugh away any sadness that could rain on my parade to the office?
- 10.When I'm in a car that I am not driving. (Highway to Hell)*my Lyft driver is playing dumb music* Shoutout to @Clarkisms, who almost always lets me choose the music when I'm in his car.