BIRTH CONTROL PILL NAMES, RANKED
(of the ones I recently prescribed or refilled) Inspired by @sally 's list of meds that sound like comic book villains. I've always thought some drug companies did a good job creating names that sound girly. 👯 Are we that susceptible to their marketing schemes??
- •YasminAnd Yaz, her spunky side kick!
- •JolessaReminds me of Jolene
- •LevoraLike a spell Hermione would do to her period
- •Seasonale/SeasoniqueThese names are clever because the pills allow you to get your period only every 3 months/4 times a year. Bonus points for adding the girly "-ale" and "-ique" at the end.
- •SprintecSounds like fast technology for my uterus
- •AvianeMakes me want to fly and drink expensive water at the same time
- •ReclipsenThe most bad ass name! Reclipsen should be an action heroine. I also see the clever insertion of "eclipse" in the name that reminds me of the moon and therefore, my monthly period.
- •DesogenMakes me think of Desitin ointment for diaper rash. But that also helps me remember that it's good for the skin since the desogestrel type of progesterone in this pill has low androgenic activity. That's why Dermatologists like it for patients with acne.
- •LuteraSounds like a space station on the moon
- •Necon 7/7/7Sounds like a secret lab project
- •Ortho-CyclenA classic, but booooooring 😴 One of the originals in alluding to the menstrual "cycle."
- •Portiade Rossi!
- •NordetteToo similar to Nicorette
- •QuasenseTerrible. Makes me think, "What? This makes no sense."
- •Generess FeSuggested by @vickimarquette
- •AubraSomeone somewhere for sure has this on their baby name list.Suggested by @magdalenam