DRUG COMMERCIAL CARTOONS RANKED BY CUTENESS
There are so many TV ads for prescription drugs these days! Even my mom, who's a pharmacist, shakes her head every time one comes on. Recently, I've seen more cartoon characters in the ads. Some are cute and some are creepy AF. @daniel did I miss any?
- •Zoloft (for depression)The sad, deflated little circle/ball/stone thingy at the beginning of the commercial makes me want to pick it up and give it a hug. After it gets Zoloft it's so cute and bouncy! Pretty simple 🌟
- •Myrbetriq (for overactive bladder)I have to hand it to the advertisers, this CGI bladder is super cute. The way it holds the lady's hand and tugs her to the bathroom like a little kid is endearing. The drug name sucks, though.
- •Abilify (for depression)The little helpful Abilify pill is cute enough.
- •Jublia (for toenail fungus)Remember this from Super Bowl? So weird to have it be active when it's literally connected to a massive foot and four other toes. Where does it think it's going??
- •Mucinex (for congestion and mucus)Gross! I dislike this one very much. It actually makes me change the channel.
- •Abilify (again)Ok, this cartoon creature is supposed to represent depression and it's so very creepy! It's a black blob that follows her around and lies down on the ground to become a pit she falls into. In this scene, it's chasing her in the form of a bathrobe that wants her to go back to bed and continue being depressed. I get the symbolism, but that's the stuff of nightmares.