FAVORITE 2 INGREDIENT COMFORT FOODS
Just got home from an emergency surgery that lasted 5 hours and am in need of some instant happy in my tummy. Suggestions are welcome!
- •Butter fried chicken wingsSo simple and so delicious! My late grandfather said I made the best ones in the family. ☺️ The key is getting them to a perfect golden brown in the frying pan. Don't forget to wear long sleeves!
- •Mashed avocado & sweetened condensed milkMix it up in a bowl and pop it in the freezer for an hour. Sooooo goooood. My mom used to make this for me when I was kid.
- •Peanut butter on toastMy standard breakfast in med school during the winters in DC. The peanut butter's got to be chunky and melty. Yum!
- •Vanilla ice cream & Rice KrispiesAnother comfort food I associate with my grandfather. After big family dinners, I was in charge of scooping his favorite French vanilla ice cream and sprinkling the Rice Krispies on top.
- •Havarti cheese & Wheat ThinsRequires no work and no clean up. At 1 in the morning, this is perfect.