FAVORITE LYRICS BY THE EAGLES
- •There she stood in the doorway / I heard the mission bell / And I was thinking to myself, "This could be Heaven or this could be Hell."(Hotel California) Strangely enough, I associate this song with my childhood. My uncles used to play it on guitar when I was a kid. (I'm pretty sure every Vietnamese guy in that generation knew all the lyrics to Hotel California!) It was amazing to see it performed live in Vegas in 2014.
- •There's talk on the street / It's there to remind you / That it doesn't really matter which side you're on / You're walking away and they're talking behind you / They'll never forget you 'til somebody new comes along "New Kid in Town"Suggested by @LizDawson
- •It wasn't really sad the way they said good-bye/Or maybe it just hurt so bad she couldn't cry/He packed his things, walked out the door and drive away/ And she became the girl from yesterdayThe Girl From Yesterday - go to breakup songSuggested by @kelrie
- •Well, I'm running down the road tryin to loosen my load, I've got seven women on my mind. Four that wanna own me, two that wanna stone me, one says she's a friend of mineI have vivid memories of flying down the back roads of my hometown in my dad's old red ford truck, blasting and singing along to "Take it Easy"Suggested by @cem94
- •So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains/ And we never even know we have the key--Already GoneProbably my favorite song by the Eagles, after an obligatory nod of appreciation to Take It Easy, of course. Growing up, my dad owned two cassette tapes: Their Greatest Hits 1971-1975 by the Eagles, and Brothers in Arms by Dire Straits. And we listened to them faithfully. RIP Glenn. We'll miss ya.Suggested by @sahall241
- •And freedom, oh freedom, well that's just some people talkin' Your prison is walking through this world all alone -DesperadoSuch a sad and beautiful song. The Eagles was the only "binder worthy" band when I was in 7th grade. (In other words, I drew their logo on my denim colored binder cover.)Suggested by @cordeliane