FAVORITE QUOTES FROM TIRED OBGYN RESIDENTS
- •"Residency is interfering with my whoring."In response to why there was significantly less action in residency compared to med school. There's just no time.
- •"I got amniotic fluid in my bra."That's what happens when you break the bag of water on a contraction. Amniotic fluid tidal wave. This poor intern had to change scrubs 3 times in one 24 hour call shift.
- •"There's no real risk, except for the risk of being boring."The chief's response to the intern asking if there's any risk to delaying augmentation of labor another 2 hours per patient request.
- •"Let's quit and go work at the Crate and Barrel."Keeping normal hours in a brightly lit store seemed so wonderful. We'd look at it longingly every time we'd drive by the one near the hospital.
- •"I know I only saw his eyes and his forearms, and I've been up for 20 hours, but he was hot!"Referring to the general surgeon who scrubbed in mid-case for a consult. This is what happens when you work in a field of mostly women. Residency goggles.
- •"I fell asleep mid sentence while writing in the chart."The sentence ended with something about a green dress before trailing off into drunken squiggles. It was pretty hilarious