HOW TO FEEL FEMININE IN UNISEX SCRUBS
There's only so much you can do with boxy unisex scrubs 😕
- •Cool earringsMy latest favorite are earring jackets.
- •MascaraEspecially if you're in the OR and wearing a surgical mask. Your eyes are everything! My favorite brand is Fiberwig because I never get raccoon eyes (key when you're on call overnight).
- •Nail polishAs long as it's not chipped, it's ok. We double glove anyway!
- •Fun socksI didn't start loving socks as gifts until I started residency. Favorite socks: gap patterned socks, happy bunny (so sassy), David & Goliath.
- •Cute clogsThe first thing people notice. My favorite clogs: oil slick pattern and galaxy star pattern
- •Cute hoodie or zip upLululemon zip ups are pretty popular.
- •Patterned cloth scrub hatI have: cupcakes, hearts, flowers, paisley, polka dots. My non-feminine fun ones are: Cal Berkeley and robots!
- •NecklaceWhen I was chief on night float, I'd put my junior resident photos in my locket. Team love! Also, you can wear your wedding ring on a necklace during surgery since you can't wear anything on your hands except surgical gloves when you're scrubbed.