HOW TO MAKE VIETNAMESE ICED COFFEE
You can make cà phê sữa đá just like you get at the Phở restaurant! Here's what you'll need:
- •Stainless steel coffee filter, single cupFind it at an Asian grocery store like Lion for less than $5
- •Café Du Monde coffee and chicoryYes, from the place that makes yummy beignets in New Orleans!
- •Sweetened condensed milkThis is key
- •Hot waterYou got this
- •A small cupUsually an off white/white ceramic cup in a saucer or a glass so you can see the yummy layers
- •A tall glass + a long handled spoonMy glass is a bit fancy, but the spoon is just right.
- •IceCrushed is even better!
- •Here's how you put it all together:
- •Take off the coffee filter cap
- •Unscrew the top screen of the filter, add the ground coffee, then screw the screen down tightly2 rounded teaspoons of coffee (adjust to your liking)
- •Add 2 tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk to the glassSit the coffee filter on top
- •Add hot waterPour just enough water to cover the coffee grounds. Wait about 30 seconds.
- •Unscrew the screen by two turns, then fill the filter with hot waterAnd don't get upset if you spill said hot water all over your table oops...😬
- •Place the cap on and patiently waitTry to distract yourself by eating home made pho. J/k I can't make it either! The coffee should be ready in about 5 minutes.
- •Stir the coffee and sweetened condensed milkFlip the lid upside down and sit the filter on top of it to avoid a mess on the table.
- •Pour coffee and milk over ice
- •Mix coffee and ice