In no particular order
- •Bear hugsEven better if one person gets lifted off the ground!
- •Romantic hugsWhen I wrap my arms around his neck, lay my head on his chest, and listen to his heart beat.
- •Awkward pat on the back hugsFor that person you're trying to Friendzone.
- •Polite social hugsGenerally performed by placing both hands on the other person's shoulders to maintain distance.
- •Good friend hugsThis is a full on I-Love-You hug and I don't care if our boobs squish!
- •Relief hugsThank goodness you're okay! 😪 These are the tight hugs for loved ones and pets who were almost seriously injured or lost. Often combined with a deep sniff of their hair or fur.
- •Victory hugsWe won!!! 🎉🏆 Jump around!
- •Side hugsSorry, I'm carrying something in my other hand or stirring something on the stove, but I really want to show you I'm happy to see you!
- •Congratulations hugGraduation, birth of a baby, successful performance, etc. I give a lot of these on Labor and Delivery!
- •Sympathy hugsI'm sorry...
- •Precious hugsWhen you hold a baby and realize you'll do almost anything to keep this little one safe.
- •Teammate hugsWe're in this together and I've got your back!
- •The SNL end of show hugsI love this part of every episode ❤️ I want to do this at the end of every call shift with my co-attending, residents, nurses, scrub tech, med students, and front desk staff.
- •List App hugs