Jeopardy Things I Find Soothing
Watching Jeopardy on TV at 10pm is my new favorite bedtime ritual.
- 1.Alex Trebek's voiceSo steady. So trustworthy.
- 2.The bright blue background with white letteringIn college, many of my professors made powerpoints with blue backgrounds and white or yellow lettering. Someone told me the color blue helps you remember information. To this day, I still wear blue to all my exams like a superstitious dork.
- 3.The Daily Double soundLike happy lasers! http://youtu.be/3J2PlJmkvog
- 4.The silent red light timerWhy don't I find this stressful? It's red. It shrinks from both ends fairly quickly. I should be shrieking, "My God, what is the answer??" But it's all very chill in then end like, "Cool, let's just move on."
- 5.The sound you hear when time's run outWouldn't it be great if only you could hear this when a social situation has started to take an awkward turn? ( https://youtu.be/YzzTgI4NB3c ) "Well, you tried. Commence graceful exit strategy now."
- 6.The handwritten contestant namesI love seeing other people's handwriting. So interesting!
- 7.The large yellow dollar amounts on a bright blue backgroundI request that all online bank accounts display my balances in this manner, please.
- 8.The song played during Final JeopardyThe song is actually called "Think!" I would have scored higher on my Biostats exam if this music was playing. http://youtu.be/vWuQVpBeqLs
- 9.Only one thing could make this better: Alex Trebek's mustachePlease come back! You've been missed.