My Unplanned Collection
I was born in the year of the Horse, but didn't start obtaining horsey things until a few years ago. It started with a figurine at a discount store then exploded. Now my place has way too many horses for someone who rode a horse once at 9 years old and started crying when the gigantic animal stopped to eat grass instead of staying on the path.
- •Red leather horseFrom Crate & Barrel
- •Swarovski horseAn extravagant birthday gift from my mom (but you guys—she bought it on a cruise ship at 20% off and it's really important I know this)
- •Antique piece from a child's toy carouselPurchased in New Orleans (I gave this to my grandfather, a fellow horse, a month before he passed away.)
- •A fun print for my new apartmentIt hangs under the stairs, so it gets cool 80s Venetian blind like shadows in the afternoon.
- •Freaking Shetland Ponies in freaking sweaters!!From my trip to Scotland (I sent myself the postcard because it's so cute.)
- •Glossy, fancy equestrian candle holderAnthropologie, of course
- •Pretty bookendA fun find at Marshall's
- •An artistically rustic horseMy mom found it at Off 5th
- •PonytaHell yeah, Pokemon Go!
- •Wood pictureI bought this for my grandfather during my trip to Vietnam.
- •CompactFrom Estée Lauder
- •Jewelry dishFound at a West Elm in Portland on a best cousins day trip (We sang along to NKOTB on the drive from Seattle.)