PLACES I'VE CONSIDERED FOR A NAP OUT OF DESPERATION
When you're coming up on hour 25 of a 24 hour shift and there are no call rooms available, you have no shame.
- 1.The hospital gurney in the hallwayThe rough white sheets on a plastic covered foam block look so inviting. What's the likelihood someone will pass by and think I'm a crazy or comatose patient?
- 2.The trunk of my car post-call (so no one can see me in the parking lot)with the back seat folded down and a window cracked open because obviously I don't want to die
- 3.The locker room benchI'll just try not to think of how many butts have sat on here...
- 4.The storage roomCrap! The lady who cleans the operating room is already taking her break in there.
- 5.The computer deskI'll just close my eyes for 45 seconds...