Suggested 2017 New Year Resolutions For the U.S. 🇺🇸🎉🍾
Everyone could use some self improvement goals, right?
- •Respect womenTreat them as equals. Maybe don't minimize their contributions/roles/needs/right to not be abused. And how about squashing some of that male backlash any time a woman speaks up?
- •Value educationThe average American student debt is absurd. Invest in our future!
- •Acknowledge that climate change is realThis year I actually thought to myself, "I'm glad I won't see where the people of Earth end up in 50-60 years." I'm depressed for my future grandchildren.
- •Stop going backwardsI can't even list all the things that undid our progress thus far. Those in power should set an example and also invest in basic education. The U.S. needs rational and open-minded thinkers, not people who are swayed by memes and fake news. You don't need a college degree to smell the BS.
- •Eliminate all reality shows not based on cooking or home improvementPlease.
- •Make good health a priorityDon't let money from unhealthy product lobbyists sway you. It is your responsibility to care for *all* your citizens. That means encouraging good diet, good habits, and exercise. Subsidize healthy foods! Why is a fast food value meal cheaper than fresh produce? You may not care until you lose it all and then can't afford the doctor's visits and medicines you need.
- •Be open to a dialogue and debateEncourage your citizens to respectfully present their opinions and consider the opinions of others. Isn't that what we all want?
- •Stop letting foreign "investors" snap up all our prime real estateMake home owning an attainable dream again! Put your tax paying citizens who contribute to society first, please. (Am I bitter about the price I paid for a freaking condo in Silicon Valley? Yes.)