THINGS I'M GLAD I BROUGHT TO LONDON
I'm usually terrible at packing just what I need--especially when the weather is unpredictable. This results in a heavy suitcase with lots of crap I'll never wear and several trips to the local shopping center to get what I need. This time, I did pretty well! ☺️ An achievement, for sure.
- •Uniqlo puffy jacketSo easy to roll up and pack, even in my shoulder bag! It's super light weight, warm, and surprisingly water resistant.
- •Kate Spade Sedgewick rain bootiesThe perfect combination of comfortable + stylish + easy to pull on/take off + easy to pack. The matte rubber and slim design makes it passable for going out to the bar or a show.
- •Topshop perforated backpackVery convenient with 3 zippered pockets, water proof, and stylish!
- •Nike Air MaxFor my 3 hour "leisurely" walk through Hyde Park and Kensington Park.
- •Compact umbrellaThe weather in London was bipolar. In one day, it alternated between 10-15 minutes of rain and sun ~ 8 times. My friend decided not to bring the hotel umbrella because it was bright enough to wear sunglasses and she regretted it later. I brought this Dabney Lee Dottie umbrella that fortuitously came in the April Popsugar Must Have subscription box.
- •ClaritinMy allergies would have been so much worse if I didn't pop one of these every morning before leaving the hotel! The wind whipping through the trees dislodged all sorts of pollen and bits of leaves. I wore sunglasses even when it was overcast just to keep crap from getting in my eyes.
- •Portable phone chargerThis slim one I got from J. Crew is light and does the job when I'm out and about all day.