THINGS WE DID LAST NIGHT AT THE HOSPITAL
Last night's OB/GYN call shift was RiDiCuLoUs! It was non-stop from 4:30pm to 9am this morning. I had to force my residents to eat for fear they would faint. Here's the final tally...
- •8 vaginal deliveries4 boys and 4 girls. Best name of the night: Sebastian!
- •2 C-sectionsOne of them was for twins. The other was for arrest of dilation secondary to be baby being 9lbs 13oz!!
- •8 Emergency Room ConsultsUgh! Staaahp.
- •2 uterine evacuations of miscarriages:(
- •12 OB triagesIs the triage "bus" running all night?
- •2 admissions for induction of laborFor being 1 week over their due dates
- •3 post-operative checksWith one patient demanding Xanax and Norco
- •1 "curbside" consult from General SurgeryWhere they just call with a question and don't need you to actually see the patient. Thank you!!!