THINGS WOMEN HAVE YELLED DURING A VAGINAL DELIVERY
Excruciating pain = No filter. Can you blame them? Pushing out a baby is no walk in the park. I am in awe of the women who can do it without an epidural because I am sure I could not!
- •Fuuuuuuuck!!!This was a private practice patient with a nice blow out and pedicured toes. Loved her for it!
- •Where is the anesthesiologist???This is why I tell my patients to get an epidural at 6-8 cm dilation. Labor and Delivery can get crazy and your anesthesiologist may become tied up in a C-section or another epidural placement. Don't wait until it's too late!
- •I can't do it!!!Our response: Yes, you can! You are so strong!!
- •No, I don't want to touch the baby's head!!Sometimes for motivation, we ask the patient if she wants to reach down and touch the top of the baby's head that's a little bit out. This women was not into it at all.
- •Can't you just pull the baby out??We did not. She ultimately did it on her own! ☺️
- •Get it out of me!!!!Suggested by @sally
- •Why won't he come out?!?Said exasperatedly once by this wonderful, quiet powerhouse who was pushing so hard that everyone in the room was silently pushing along with her.Suggested by @sally