WHAT'S IN MY COAT POCKETS
In order of what was emptied out of my clinic white coat before I tossed it in the laundry bin. TGIF! 🎉
- •PenI started out with four and somehow ended up with just one by the end of the clinic day. This is my favorite pen! It draws clean, thin lines so I don't get any smudging. Also, it's called O.B. 🏆
- •Surgilube packetsI'm always ready to perform a pelvic exam.
- •CondomsNo, not for co-worker sexy times à la Grey's Anatomy, but to cover the vaginal probe for pelvic ultrasounds. Still, I was pretty mortified when some fell out of my pocket at the hospital in front of a general surgeon.
- •Fetal dopplerto hear the fetal heartbeat during prenatal visits
- •Measuring tapeto measure the pregnant patient's uterine fundal height
- •Silver nitrate sticksto cauterize a bleeding biopsy site (don't worry, the poison warning is to prevent people from ingesting it)
- •Alcohol swabsbecause I'm a germaphobe and always wipe down my stethoscope or my pen if I let someone borrow it
- •A hand drawn picture of the uterus, ovaries, and Fallopian tubesI was showing the patient what organs would be removed during her hysterectomy. Not my best work, but it got the job done!
- •iPhonewith all my medical apps!
- •Prescription pad💊💊💊
- •Business cards in a card casewith the Backline clinic number for patients to bypass the frustrating call center
- •Tea bag packetClinic was so busy yesterday that I never got around to making my tea!
- •Partially eaten chocolate barthat I bought from my medical assistant to support her son's school fundraiser
- •Lip balmBecause who wants to see a doctor with dry, chapped lips?
- •Extra hair tieIn case I have to perform an unexpected procedure