15 CHARACTERS WHO LIVED LONGER THAN THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO
Not "lived" in the literal sense, but more in the were-on-the-series sense. That's just not a very catchy title.
- •Jesse PinkmanWe all know this one. Jesse was intended to die at the end of season 1 of Breaking Bad and instead he became the other half of the show.
- •Phil MillerOriginally the Other Phil was going to appear in just the first episode of season 2 of the Last Man on Earth, but was asked to stick around longer. But why did he have to go at all?!!!
- •Andy DwyerAndy was only supposed to be in season 1 of Parks and Rec but since everyone loves Chris Pratt he was signed on as a regular.
- •Jack ShephardOriginally the part was written for Michael Keaton and the character was supposed to be killed off during the first episode!
- •Kimmy GibblerOnly supposed to be on for one show, and unfortunately that's not how it went.
- •Steve UrkelAnother one-show-only appearance that turned in to Family Matters' breakout character!
- •Topanga LawrenceIt sounds like she was just around to play some alternative hippie chick (remember those early episodes?), and became Corey's voice of reason, and reason to live, in my opinion.
- •Orson HodgeKyle MacLachlan approached Marc Cherry about staying on Desperate Housewives and was originally supposed to be revealed as the season 3 murderer.
- •Dylan McKayAaron Spelling paid Luke Perry's salary out of his own pocket (HOW could he afford it?!) for a few episodes before producers saw the magic in him.
- •Sue SylvesterSince Jane Lynch was doing another project at the time, she was only going to be on a few episodes. When that fell through she was able to commit full time.
- •Project Castor guyAlllll these guys had an expiration date after 6 episodes were up, but they seem to have stuck around...
- •Andy BernardHe was only originally signed on for 10 episodes but El Helms' personality lined up so well with Andy's they made him a regular cast member.
- •Mimi BobeckAnother amazing character who was just supposed to be in the pilot. I definitely can't imagine the Drew Carey Show without Mimi.
- •Frasier CraneHe was only to appear in Cheers, at first, for 6 episodes. Well, we all know how that turned out.
- •Sofia PetrilloA gay chef was supposed to be the fourth Golden Girl, and Sofia was just going to be in the pilot. Viewers said different.