FINAL DOWNTON ABBEY COUPLES RANKED BY HOW MUCH WE ACTUALLY WANTED THEM
EVERYONE MUST BE COUPLED UP!
- •Lady Edith and BertieYES! Finally. This has been a long time coming for "poor Edith" who was once left at the alter by an old fart.
- •Branson and Laura EdmundsAT first I thought this was just some random woman. I'm really bad with faces so I just realized this is Edith's editor and now I'm all for it. I love Branson and he deserves someone awesome.
- •Cousin Isobel and Lord MertonIsobel is a badass bitch and I hope she and Mr. Iron Deficiency live happily ever after.
- •Robert and CoraI guess we're just ignoring all their past problems, like Robert's indiscretion with a maid, and pretending they are the perfect couple. Fine by me!
- •Bates and AnnaI never liked Bates for Anna in the first place. He's just so old. But he's nice and treats her well, so whatever...
- •Lady Mary and Henry TalbotTo me this felt very "oh, we need to have Lady Mary end up with someone." He's no Matthew. But hopefully he's at least not related, however distantly.
- •Mr. Mosley and Miss BaxterThis is clearly a matter of convenience. These two have no passion for each other.
- •Daisy and AndyThey might be actually really good together, but that doesn't mean I like it. Yawn.
- •Cousin Rose and AtticusI remember being more enchanted with Atticus last season, now I'm just creeped out by his lips. And of course no one likes Cousin Rose.
- •Thomas and the Dowager CountessThey're the only two left, I think they are a couple by default in this bizarro couples-only world.
- •Carson and Mrs. HughesARGHHHHH!!!! MY EYES!!!!!!!!
- •Mr. Mason and Mrs. PatmoreWhat? I'm all for Mrs. Patmore getting hers, but this really felt thrown in at the last second.