USES OF PRODUCT PLACEMENT ON TV THAT HAVEN'T MADE ME GAG
- •30 RockThis was the first time I ever saw a show just blatantly be like: THIS IS PRODUCT PLACEMENT!!! They did it throughout the series and it totally worked.
- •Crazy Ex-girlfriendUnfortunately I couldn't find the exact quote from this example. But during a conversation between Josh and Rachel, Josh says something along the lines of "you talk about the features of your Hyundai like your in a car commercial." It was acknowledgement without being obvious. Well played.
- •Angie TribecaYou won't find subtlety anywhere else on this show, so it was no surprise when two cops have a back-and-forth consisting of the phrase "Snickers really satisfies," close ups of the logo, and of course a hashtag.
- •CommunityDuring an episode where the gang goes into a space simulator sponsored by KFC, it's decided they shouldn't hand out KFC food to reporters because they think it would look like product placement.
- •The OfficeStaples was integrated so well I didn't even consider it was probably done for money.
- •Mad MenSo many accounts were product placement. But an ad company is the perfect ruse! In fact, I think we would feel less involved in the show if the products were made up. By being real, we instinctively have a connection with them and know how important they are (or aren't). (Also, not every brand paid to be in the show, but some did.)
- •Jane the VirginThere was even a wink and a "ping" sound to go with Xo hugging the box of Honey Bunches of Oats.