Already on li.st? Open in app.
Every now and then I'm reminded that you can take the man out of the mountains but you can't take the mountains out of the man. These are sure-fire instant transformers for me.
- •The person driving in front of me feels like they have to stop 6 car-lengths from the car in front of them.
- •A jaw harp gets anywhere near a banjo
- •Anyone says "Y'aint"
Hey! All you techies - step up and pay attention to these basics before you launch your next mobile app or website. As your users we not only expect these, we demand them:
- •First, like MDs, do no harm! We hate it when you mess up our stuff...
- •Second, remember Newton's Third Law of Motion: For every action, there will be a reaction. You get to heavily influence it, but we get to decide if we perceive it as good or bad and how much we will allow it to affect us.
- •Stick to your core and do it well. Just because you know it, does not mean you "get" it.
- •Finally, really do follow the KISS rule and keep it simple. The more I have to think about it, the less time I spend enjoying it the first time, which makes me not want to use it again.