In celebration of World Whiskey Day, Here are10 Health Benefits of Whiskey
Today is World Whiskey Day. Here is list of reasons why you should drink Whiskey.
- 1.Avoid Weight GainWhiskey is a low-calorie alcohol, especially when compared to the many cocktails, beers, and wines you can find on supermarket shelves. You can drink a tumbler of whiskey without worrying about packing on the pounds thanks to its low sugar content.
- 2.Boost Heart HealthThe antioxidants in whiskey stop cholesterol from clogging your arteries, and it can even boost your good cholesterol.
- 3.Fight CancerWhiskey is rich in antioxidants, particularly one known as ellagic acid. This antioxidant stops your body’s DNA from coming in contact with cancer-causing compounds, reducing the risk of carcinogens forming. It can also protect your body from chemotherapy, and will reduce oxidation in your body.
- 4.Improve Brain HealthA study conducted in 2003 discovered that drinking whiskey reduces your risk of Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- 5.Reduce Stroke RiskWhiskey not only helps to prevent cholesterol from building up in your arteries, but it can actually help to get rid of any cholesterol present in your blood vessels at the moment. It will also help to relax the walls of your arteries, ensuring that your blood can flow without obstruction.
- 6.Fight StressWhiskey helps to reduce anxiety and stress, calming your nerves and helping to relax your body.
- 7.Boost MemoryThe antioxidants in whiskey can help to improve the health of your brain, and the circulation-boosting effects of this alcohol will boost your memory at the same time
- 8.Aid in DigestionConsumed after a meal, helps to relax the body after eating heavy food. It can also help to shut down your appetite, preventing you from overeating. Best of all, it will aid in digestion, reducing your risk of stomach ache or indigestion after a heavy meal.
- 9.Lengthen LifespanWhiskey is loaded with healthy antioxidants, and these nutrients can help to increase your lifespan by reducing your risk of disease.
- 10.Great for DiabeticsWhiskey is a zero-carb alcohol, so you can drink it without worrying about the effect it will have on your blood sugar levels