MY NEIGHBOR COMMITTED PUBLIC SUICIDE IN MY PRESENCE
I'm going to verbally share the roller coaster of emotions and realizations I've had over the last 48 hours
- •A witness of violence is a victim of violence. The trauma associated with that moment is unfathomable.
- •I didn't even know his name.... Although we'd shared brief conversations and musings. I never would've guessed so much pain was hidden under the surface.
- •Encountering a lifeless and disfigured corpse is an experience that changes your entire fiber of being. I have immense respect for emt's and police officers etc who encounter such chaos and displacement on a regular basis and still manage to carry on.
- •The need for mental health services without a stigma is immense.
- •Everyone we meet is battling something. Tread softly and always make kindness a priority.
- •We as human beings need to spend less time engulfed in our own bubbles and take the time to genuinely interact with one another.
- •There's nothing I could have done.