Already on li.st? Open in app.
Have I mentioned that I love Halloween? Well I do. Here is but a sampling of some of my costumes over the years
- •Dr. Horrible. Only one person in my office got it, but it was so worth it when she broke into song with me!
- •Vanellope Von Schweets. Pretty much made this entire ensemble myself (including all of the polymer candies in my hair) Again, the office didn't get it but I was a big hit at the kiddo's school.
- •Pippi Longstocking. This one was a hit in the office but flew right over the heads of kiddos classmates.
I have been on li.st for a reasonable amount of time (not Beta but pretty early Gamma)but didn't post my first list until February of this year. I haunt this app like the Gray Lady
- •I love li.stI love reading all of the funny, sweet, personal, silly, pop culture, heartbreaking, angry, elated things that everyone posts.
- •I still don't feel like a part of li.stNo one's fault but my own due to my own insecurities. Everyone is so nice and so amazing to everyone else here (including me) but I limit my interactions because I am a weirdo.
- •I am on here so often I feel like I know everyoneI follow what happens after meet ups (I always seem to miss when they are happening) and when gift exchanges happen I am vicariously delighted. You guys really are awesome.
I love Halloween. Like, LOVE LOVE it. I realize that not everyone shares my enthusiasm for this little holiday (plenty of pumpkin spiced shade to be found here on li.st) however, if you are interested in making the most out of this funny little tradition, here are some pro tips to level up your Halloween game (thanks @Diplomatic_diva for this LR)
- •Get into the spiritI don't see Halloween as just one day, I see it as a month of awesome. There are so many things to see and do surrounding Halloween (movies, plays, art exhibits, etc) Find some things in your area that suite your taste (spooky, creepy, full on horror, historical, fantastical, etc.) and go do them! For me, this time of year signifies the entrance into Fall and I love going to events and activities to celebrate that.
- •Embrace your inner childI know that one of the things that turns a lot of people off about Halloween is the idea that it's a kids holiday. For me, it's the sense of imagination, creativity and freedom (often associated with children) that make it special. That doesn't mean that you have to go trick or treating and gorge on candy until you can't move. It means seeking out fun, staying outside after dark and giving in to a little bit of that sense of curiosity and wonder that leads to the creation of something awesome.
- •Make it lastAs I mentioned before, there is a month or more full of activities and special events surrounding Halloween. Even if you stay in, some of the best movies and shows come on around this time. Haven't watched Stranger Things yet? This is the perfect time to binge it (Halloween vibes for sure!) Hocus Pocus is going to be on at least 50 times so you could absolutely coordinate a girls night around it (mani pedis with the Sanderson sisters? YES!) Plan several different things and have 31 days of fun!
The title of this list is a lie as these episodes aren't so much ranked as numbered in the order that I remember them as I was typing and contemplating why each of them are my #1. Thank you @doodler19 for the request!
- 7.How Vocal Fry WorksThis really may be my #1. Chuck and Josh are just so awesomely and unapologetically feminist and this list is a perfect example of that.
- 6.How Jim Henson WorkedNever mind, this is my #1. Coupled with How The Muppets Work this is such a tribute to Mr. Henson's legend and I always love it when Chuck and Josh are so into the topic that they get nostalgic and misty. When Chuck described how Jim Henson was a genuinely a good human being, it was so earnest and heartfelt I was right there with him.
- 5.How LSD worksMight be my #1 in that it made me wonder why I had never tried LSD and if maybe I should. I shouldn't BTW
Inspired by @whalenmatty and his original list https://li.st/whalenmatty/things-i-haven-t-let-other-people-ruin-for-me-0X6NDHNexpSaofQcTlrLIN
- •DisneylandOk Tina, shut up about Disneyland already. No, no I won't! 😊
- •The Princess BrideI had a friend who refused to watch it just because everyone else loved it. Inconceivable.👸🏼
- •Pumpkin Spice LattesThey are delicious. They just are.☕️
- •Always happily gave me a bite of whatever he was eating, even if it was the last bite.That's really all it took.
These little things can boost my mood in such a big way.
- •Beating the time estimate when I'm using GPSEvery time I knock a minute off that "estimated time of arrival" my heart leaps. Don't underestimate me GPS!
- •Pulling out of a great parking spotFinding a great spot is awesome (obviously) but leaving is its own special joy, especially when whoever gets it next is super stoked and acts like you saved it just for them. Everybody wants what I got!
- •Cutting a ripe nectarine in half and being able to pull it apart and pull the seed out without squishing it all over the placeOne of the most delicate fruit maneuvers, I have destroyed many a juicy treat attempting it, but it's worth it when it works.
Especially when repeated over and over again in rapid succession while your mom is driving
Requested by @thepetemoore I've had this in my drafts for a day or two but was prompted to publish when I learned that several of my coworkers (all native Southern Californians) had never been to Disneyland. This is akin to living in Hershey PA and having never tasted chocolate.
- •Do be chillNothing ruins a good time in the happiest place on earth quicker than some stress inducing schedule or list of "musts" Have like two or three things in mind that you really want to do (even if it means waiting in a line) and do them. Other than that, just be chill and let the magic happen to you.
- •Don't get drunkOne of people's favorite things about California Adventure and Epcot, etc is that you can drink. A glass of wine or a couple of beers is one thing, but do not get lit and then show your ass. This is Disney, not the club so don't act a damn fool.
- •Do find your inner childJust because you're an adult doesn't mean that you can't get giddy as f@$k when you see Mickey and Minnie (or Tinkerbell, or Captain Hook or whoever) Let that happy out and take those selfies with some worldwide stars!
I will never like exercise. Period.
- •Upon arrivalI'm feeling good. Got my Ivy Park poppin, my hair is in a perfect workout bun, got my friend with me for support/commiseration.Lets do this!
- •Meeting the instructorShe is super nice! She is a tiny little ginger who shows us how to adjust our bikes and even helps me clip in with these weird shoes you have to wear. Should I buy my own shoes (since I'm obviously going to love this and become a regular)
- •Warming upFeeling good and taking selfies. This isn't too bad.