Thoughts That Went Through My Head During My First Spin Class
I will never like exercise. Period.
- •Upon arrivalI'm feeling good. Got my Ivy Park poppin, my hair is in a perfect workout bun, got my friend with me for support/commiseration.Lets do this!
- •Meeting the instructorShe is super nice! She is a tiny little ginger who shows us how to adjust our bikes and even helps me clip in with these weird shoes you have to wear. Should I buy my own shoes (since I'm obviously going to love this and become a regular)
- •Warming upFeeling good and taking selfies. This isn't too bad.
- •ResistanceSweet teacher nicely instructs us to turn this cute candy colored knob on our bikes and suddenly I'm pedaling up a mountain. Um, wait, what?!
- •Stand up, sit down, pass outFor the next 45 minutes we go through a series of hand positions, standing up and sitting down and sticking your butt out or tucking it in. OMG, I am never going to stop sweating. Can everyone hear me breathing/wheezing?
- •IsolationsThis move was obviously thought up by crazy torture experts. You have to stand up and pedal while keeping your upper body still. Only your legs are moving. With resistance. Slowly. Ouch! Ooooouch.
- •Home stretchThis is where sweet ginger goes beast mode and runs us through everything one more time at double speed. If I pass out at least I won't fall off this bike since my feet are literally bolted to it. This song is so f#%*ing long. Sweating. So. Much.
- •Cool downWe're still moving and I'm still sweating.
- •StretchOMG, my legs are like jelly. How can I walk out of here like a normal person with these wibbely wobbly legs. Ok, just play it cool.
- •I did it!Made it to the car, yes! I wonder if I burned enough calories to cancel out a frappacino? Probably not.
- •Welcome to Starbucks, what can I get you?I deserve this