THOUGHTS IVE HAD TODAY
I'm waiting to hear about a job.
- •7.30 AM: Oh my god. Today is the day....or maybe not today. Could be tomorrow. Actually could be anytime before the 22nd.
- •9:00 AM: I can't stop the anxietyI know--I'll text my friends and they will have some pearls of wisdom.
- •9:02 AM: They didn't have much to say except "I hope you get the job--otherwise you can't go to Martha's Vineyard with us!"Thanks for the reminder about how I'm one "sorry we went with someone else" away from an utter Instagram lock-out this summer
- •10.30AM: I'll text my sister--she will distract me.She asked me to distract her bc she's feeling sad about a breakup. Great.
- •11:07AM: I have a text from my aunt...I know what that's about."Did you get the job?"
- •11.15AM: I'll give her the best news I can"She wants to hire me, I feel. (New text) "but I don't know anything yet..."
- •12:00 PM: Oh good, my brother is calling.he can talk to me about his big news and I'll forget mine for a bit.
- •12.10 PM: Oh I got an email from client! 😁"What would you consider "full time' hours?"
- •12:11 PM: Eight hours...Why is it more...?
- •12.14 PM: I think I need to talk to AgentBc she wants me to work 12 hours.
- •12:16 I tell bro I need to hang upBc now I'm not sure I want the job...
- •12:20 Aunt texts"OMG!!! Congrats!!"
- •12:21: Huh?I forgot to push send on the second text "...but I don't know anything yet." So she thinks the client has offered me the job. The 12 hour job that I'm now not even sure I want anymore but if I don't take it I don't get to go to Martha's Vineyard...or eat.
- •12:23: agent calls"Hmmmm...let me call her and I'll call you back. If I don't, call me tomorrow or the next day."
- •5:22 PM: No one has rang.I'm going to start drinking ana wake up tomorrow and do it all over again.