Being the partner of an Autistic Man
The ups, the downs, and the life.
- •You never know what will come out of his mouthGenerally funny shit
- •You never know what makes him upsetCan change daily
- •Knowing he has to deal with the world differentlyThe world is already hard enough to navigate
- •Knowing that his love is always unconditionalEven if you do wrong, forgiveness is always possible
- •Becoming used to the idea that he can't read your mindHe isn't psycho, and won't pick up on signals. Be direct!!
- •Getting to go through your life with him by your sideIt gives you more perspective, and more patients
- •Learning that all people with autism are human tooIt does not define who they are. It just changes how they view the world
- •Listening to his observstionsWhile they might sound funny or weird initially, think about it. They are often profound realizations that you wouldn't have realized on your own
- •He helps you grow into the best version of yourselfGrowing is a constant part of being human