"If You Love Me, You'll Drink This": 7 Movie Cocktails You Shouldn't Try at Home
It's 5 o'clock somewhere!
- •Schnapps on white bread, Taxi DriverTravis Bickle's morning breakfast: Torn-up white bread with milk, sugar, and booze.
- •Scotchka, The Room"Don't worry about it. It's good for you," Lisa says after pouring Smirnoff into a rocks glass that's clearly already filled with perfectly good scotch.
- •Alaskan Polar Bear Heater, The Nutty ProfessorIf it doesn't include two shots of vodka, a shot of vermouth, a shot of gin, a little rum, a little brandy, some bitters, some scotch, lemon peel, orange peel, cherry, and a smidgen of vinegar, then it's not a proper Alaskan Polar Bear Heater.
- •Whiskey, vodka, whiskey, and chocolate syrup; Loaded Weapon 1When Colt returns from a tough day of shooting bad guys, he likes to unwind with a large glass of Jack Daniel's, Stoli, and Bushmills, rocks, and two sashes of chocolate syrup, neither shaken not stirred - the secret is in the layering.
- •Whiskey and wine, JawsSheriff Brody is so nervous about facing the high seas that he pours the rest of a bottle of wine directly into his glass, already half-full of whiskey.
- •Non-dairy Caucasian, The Big LebowskiThe Dude steadily drinks White Russians (vodka, Kahlua, and cream) as he stumbles through his mystery/odyssey, but he's desperate enough at one point for a "Caucasian" that he substitutes powdered non-dairy creamer.
- •Redeye, CocktailThe ingredients include half a beer, half a glass of tomato juice, a couple of aspirin, and a raw egg, all gulped down without shaking, stirring, or giving the pills a chance to dissolve.