ON BEING A WIDOW
I'm too young for this gig.
- •I hug my pillow when I sleep.
- •My late husband gets mail regularly.Don't miss out on this opportunity to get healthy! Preapproved Life Insurance! Limited Time Offer! Respond ASAP! You won tickets to a cruise! Buy this health insurance! Thinking about retirement?
- •When is the right time to disclose my widow status to a date? Never, probably.Are you divorced? Is the dad in the picture? Uh...Let's talk about that another time.
- •When I take my kids to the ER or urgent care, they ask if their father has supplemental insurance.He passed away, I say.
- •When we went to Iceland, they demanded to know where the kids' father was and if he was aware I was bringing them to another country.I cried.
- •Getting a dog was the best thing ever to help our family be happy.
- •I don't have to consult another adult about where our family should vacation.
- •I have the medicine cabinet to myself.
- •I sleep in the middle of the bed, sometimes lying in the wrong direction.
- •Two years later, I still have to break the news to old friends.
- •The best thing to say to me is, "I'm sorry."
- •No one is telling me to go to bed, so I stay up all night.
- •Ugh. I am a nicer person now that I have been wounded.