WAYS I AM NOT LIKE MY PARENTS
If anyone were to make a movie about my childhood, it would fail because it would seem so unbelievable.
- •I tell my children I love them.My parents have never told me that! It's just the way they are.
- •I am affectionate with them- hugs, kisses, just normal mothering that was never taught.I kissed my mother once a year- on Christmas. I don't remember kissing my father ever.
- •I don't talk about money.It's the only thing that mattered it seemed. I never want my boys to think about money at all. We live a reasonable life, so they're not associating happiness and success with $$.
- •I have never ever ever beaten them or hit or spanked or anything. Because violence sucks.The cycle ended with me.
- •I am interested in my children as human beings.What they think is funny. What's interesting. What's bothering them.
- •I do not compare them to other people.To this day, my parents talk talk talk about everyone else's kids (my peers). They are great at comparing lifestyles. Like I care?
- •I maintain a good relationship with them because I LOVE them!!!I stopped talking to my parents for 10 years (until I had my first son) bc I needed them out of my life. They didn't even try to contact me. They kept tabs through my siblings.