TODAY'S WORKOUT: LEG DAY
I like to do two leg workouts in each cycle. This day is focused on more high rep, conditioning based training.
- •10 Minutes Stationary Bike: Low intensity to stretch out and get blood flow going
- •10 sets of 10 squats: First 3-4 sets are to warm up and build up to a working weight. Reps should be explosive. Keep rest period under 90 seconds.
- •4x20 Leg Extensions
- •4x20 Glute Kickbacks: Not a fan of these, but an important isolation lift
- •4x20 Glute Bridges: Garners a lot of stares in the gym, but important for a nice butt 😏.
- •3x10 Weighted Back extensions: Lower weight with a short hold at the top of the motion. Promoting blood flow to hamstrings.
- •3x15 Deadlifts: Any kind of grip is fine, but I am going with a sumo grip today. Get more power from my hips with a wider base.
- •Weighted Sled Push Pull: Distance is up to performer.
- •4x20 Leg curls: Important to go through the whole range of motion to full contract hamstrings.
- •3x15 Hamstring Press: Feet have to be at the top of the board with re toes just coming off. The range of motion is short, but hits the hamstrings nicely.
- •Stretch with 15 minutes of low intensity cardio. Helps cycle waste product buildup from workout in order to quicken recovery time.