WHAT TO WATCH FOR IN GAME 5
Mets are at the Dodgers tonight in Game 5 of the NLDS. Here's what to watch for.
- 1.Zack Greinke has a 1.52 ERA at home this season. Not too shabby, and rather important considering that the game's in Los Angeles.
- 2.A study from the University of Chicago found that umpires favor the home team when it comes to balls and strikes. We'll see how the guys in blue do tonight.
- 3.If Mets starter Jacob deGrom struggles, New York will make Noah Syndergaard and Matt Harvey available. Clear advantage in bullpens goes to the Mets.
- 4.Dodgers catcher A.J. Ellis carries a 12-game postseason hitting streak into Game 5. That's a Dodgers record.
- 5.Expect lots of strikeouts. So far, the teams have combined for 89 Ks through four games. That ties the record for most Ks in a postseason series.