PROBLEMS WITH BEING A TECHNOLOGY PERSON IN 2015
It's not all glamor, you know.
- •"Help me update my iPhone" (30 minute explanation about how to free up space on your phone, only to find out it is a 3GS, unable to run anything after iOS 5)
- •"Can I ask you a quick question" (4 hours of discussion about the difference between hard drives and memory)
- •"I have a great app idea" (1 hour discussion about how everyone with a phone will want it, because there is no way to share contact information with people you meet)
- •"My Internet is slow" (30 minute conversation about how it is not THEIR Internet, and they should probably call an ISP)
- •"My computer told me it had a virus, and I had to buy a virus scanner for it for $399" - This used to be my mom, until I bought her a Mac and locked it down like Fort Knox.
- •"I have an incredible idea for a website" (1 hour discussion about a website idea that isn't actually bad, but they have no money, need me to do it for free, and will give me 1% of the company because, you know, it was their idea.
- •"Can you fix my printer?" (2 minute conversation that consists of me telling them to throw it out and NOT buy another one)
- •"The person at the Apple Store told me to try x. Why didn't you just tell me to try x?"Debilitating, one-sided 7 minute conversation during which they deride you for not having suggested something during the 60 minute life suck that was your previous attempt to help...even though that's ex-f'n-actly what you had suggested and they confirmed that they had done.Suggested by @NoahGeisel