THOUGHTS ON HOLIDAY MUSIC
- •No one but Eartha Kitt should sing "Santa, Baby." I'm lookin' at you, Madonna.
- •Trans Siberian Orchestra? Overproduced and overrated.
- •Frank Sinatra's Christmas album is PERFECT. Wouldn't change a note.
- •Same for Bing Crosby and The Andrews Sisters. Sublime.
- •The Kinks' "Father Christmas" is not played often enough.
- •And I have yet to hear Bob and Doug Mackenzie's "12 Days of Christmas." 🎶TWO TURTLENECKS. 🎶
- •Also, if you're from Maryland, no song says "Happy Holidaze, hon" like "Crabs For Christmas." 🦀🎄
- •Mahalia Jackson's "Away in a Manger" is like listening to the voice of God tell a bed time story. ❤️
- •And last but most important, THE best holiday track EVER is Steve Lawrence and Edie Gormé singing and swinging to "Let It Snow."