Top 5 Hockey Alternatives
- •5. BroomballUncoordinated stumbling around an ice rink has never been more invigorating. There are no brooms involved, just shovel-like sticks. There are many bruises involved.
- •4. Bubble HockeyAn exhibition of mental dexterity and fingertip agility. Incredibly finicky with a steep learning curve. The ultimate barroom tabletop challenge if it weren't for....
- •3. Air HockeyPulse-pounding, hunched over aggression. Protect your knuckles because the puck will go airborne. Or better yet, show off those swollen fingers like a real hockey player would.
- •2. Mini Sticks / Knee HockeyWhere air hockey batters your hands, knee hockey bangs up your entire body. Totally worth it. This sport reigns supreme for anyone ages 7-15 in mind or body. Prepare for floor burns, scraped knees, and the inevitable cross check induced bloody nose.
- •1. Wayne Gretzky 3D HockeyFor those unaware, the NHL 2K series of video games goes by "Chel". Reference that to your rink rat neighbor and/or younger cousin for instant cred. But long before Netflix & Chel, there was was Wayne Gretzky 3D Hockey. The blocky graphics and simple design conceal what still stands as a breakneck experience. The Red Wings or Rangers give you auto-wins. The announcer sends chills down your spine. Your goalie can become a brick wall. *The* #1 hockey simulation to ever grace a 64-bit cartridge.