Domestic shit I hate/won't do
A list of the things I don't do, convince John to do or pay someone else to do.
- •Grating cheese. I will avoid this to extremes. If I can't buy it or convince John, it usually won't happen.
- •Dishes. I do all the cooking. You can wash up. If I do wind up washing up, it will be the cleanest you've ever seen. And if you do the washing up and I find something not clean and WELL RINSED, I go mental.
- •Taking out the rubbish. Nope. Nope. And more nope. I will gladly scrub a skid-marked toilet or an oven for hours over taking out the rubbish.
- •Cutting the grass. I know, asthma is sexy, but it's my eyes itching for days afterward that wind me up.
- •Sanding down walls in preparation for decorating. Hate it. May invest in yet another power tool for this purpose.
- •Ironing. I have a clothes dryer and a washing line outside. I haven't ironed in over a year.
- •Folding socks. How mind-numbingly boring. I folded John's socks yesterday. It proves my love.
- •Doing anything that requires ladders. For someone who has a fear of heights and is clumsy, just no. Luckily John is tall enough for when I want the ceilings bleached in the bathroom. My cleaner doesn't do heights, either.
- •Folding underwear. Why? What's the point? They have their own drawer, that's all they need.