Fifty shades of Preston Road
Originally written in 2012, the setting is a large housing estate in the UK, most of it's residents are benefits recipients who don't work - the British equivalent to a trailer park. Think "my name is Earl".
- •Even though he only had one tattoo, I yearned for him to fill those lonely hours between Jeremy Kyle and Loose Women.
- •As he approached, his smile told me it was benefit day and I knew my Lonsdale top would be hanging off the lamp shade tonight.
- •As I stood in line at the Job Centre, a sweet smell drifted past my pig-like nostrils. It was a mixture of weed, B.O and Lynx (Axe to the Americans).
- •I turned around and there was Dai. Our eyes met and he was soon lifting me onto the wheelie bins behind Lidls.
- •There was a tramp watching but it just added to the mystery.
- •I knew it was love when I could feel the edges of his sovereign ring rub the rim of my arsehole: my life would never be the same!