13 RPGs Way Better Than Dungeons & Dragons
- •Misspent YouthFight the power!
- •FiascoBasically the Coen Brothers RPG.
- •Apocalypse WorldMad Max with way more sex. The second edition currently in development.
- •FlatpackA positive take on the post apocalypse. Features a mechanic that integrates puzzles and board games.
- •Eclipse Phase: Transhumanity's FateA rules-lite version of an amazing posthuman sci-fi game. If you've ever wanted to play a sentient octopus secret agent in space, this is your game.
- •The FiveA mash-up of Into The Badlands, The Warriors, and Afro Samurai, scored by Wu Tang Clan.
- •The Cloud DungeonDungeons & Dragons for artsy people.
- •Thunderbirds RPGAn expansion that turns the Thunderbirds board game into a tabletop roleplaying game.
- •Chronicles of Darkness + MirrorsA game of sexy, modern vampires, werewolves, mages, and other monsters. The Mirrors supplement makes it easier to change and strip out rules.
- •Gamma WorldThe apocalypse is started when the Large Hadron Collider accidentally stacks all possible universes on top of each other. Uses a stripped down version of the D&D system with collectable cards for power stunts and alien tech.
- •Valiant UniverseBest superhero game currently in print. Rules-lite and GM optional.
- •DreadHorror game. Uses Jenga to determine when your character dies.
- •Our Last Best HopeReenact Armageddon, Sunshine, and other save-the-world movies.