16 Design Inspirations for a Global Strategy Room
This would be invaluable to large projects, like the Sustainable Development Goals, and large companies, like Disney and Google.
- •Churchill War RoomsThe strategic hub of Britain's war efforts during WWII.
- •Design War RoomsGoogle's is probably the most notable example.
- •Hans Rosling's Physical InfographicsRosling is infamous for his over-the-top data dumps.
- •A repository for ludic disaster simulations.
- •Social Media Command CentersFedEx and most major league sports have these now.
- •Table Top Military and Disaster Exercises (aka Sand Tables)Yes, the military still uses table top war games.
- •NetWars: CyberCityCyber security training tool. Hackers hack into a real computer network to take over an interactive physical model. They can turn off power, steal hospital records or highjack military vehicles.
- •Project Cybersyn*This was Chile's prototype analysis and decision room.
- •Business OrigamiPlanning method using paper models on a table.
- •GM's LEGO Visual Management ToolUsed for data analysis and resource allocation planning.
- •Mississippi Basin ModelA massive model, 200 acres big, was used to simulate and predict flooding patterns of the Mississippi River.
- •US Army Engineer Research and Development CenterBasically the next generation of the Mississippi Basin Model. In many cases, physical models are still more useful than computer models
- •Data CuisineTaste, texture and temperature add new ways to communicate information.
- •Object DoodlesData can be made more interesting to look at.
- •TableauA strategy room allows you to step inside visualizations.
- •Psychoeconomy War Room TableTableau meets Nintendo's Amiibo.
- •Casino TablesThe feel of gambling tables and components keeps players engaged, and the information on the tables convey most or all of each game's rules without a manual.