6 Board Games for Trekkies Who Think They Can Beat the Kobayashi Maru
- •Space CadetsA co-op game for two to seven players. Each player is a bridge officer managing their own mini game representing Shields, Helm, Engineering, and all the rest. Sand timers dictate how long you have to solve your individual challenge.
- •The Captain is DeadIt's the last 10 minutes of not-Star-Trek and the captain up and dies. Players must scramble around the ship to get the warp core back online and get the hell out of Dodge. If you like making fun of Star Trek more than Star Trek itself, this is the game for you.
- •Deep Space D6Imagine a solo version of the Kobayashi Maru in a runabout.
- •Apocalypse ChaosFarscape reimagined by Michael Bay. Your crew fends off invading... invaders on a multi-level ship.
- •Space AlertStar Trek reimagined by the Soviet Union. A CD screams threat alerts at you while you plan out your astronaut's actions in a crappy spaceship. Alien battleships and Fighters batter your whole while saboteurs and shape-shifters teleport on board.
- •Star Trek PanicStar Trek Panic is the closest official game to a ship simulator. It's a reskinned version of Castle Panic with some Star Trek bells and whistles thrown in.