8 Reasons You Should Play More Board Games
- •They're Not Just For Kids and NerdsThere are games for any number of players, at any length, and at any level of complexity.
- •They're Not BoringPlay Escape: Curse of the Temple, then tell me you were bored.
- •Smack Talk is Necessary for CivilizationCursing at an opponent over headset isn't nearly as satisfying as throwing shade across a table.
- •We're In a Golden Age of Game DesignGame design is having a renaissance. Games aren't just fun. They can also be beautiful objects.
- •They Make You SmarterAll that dice rolling and card drawing sharpens your understanding of probability.
- •They Give You InsightSome tabletop games make great primers on their their subjects. Monopoly makes you think about inequality. Power Grid makes you think about where energy comes from. Tomorrow makes you think about nuclear proliferation. And so on.
- •Two Words: Game CafésYou don't even have to buy games you're not sure about. A lot of major cities have board game cafes now.
- •There Is a Game In Existence for Anyone and EveryoneThat includes you.