8 Tabletop Games for WWII Buffs
- •Final ActThe unofficial Patton vs. Romel game.
- •Heroes of NormandieInspired by modern war movies like Fury and Saving Private Ryan. Billed as a miniature game without miniatures.
- •D-Day DiceA solitaire push-your-lick dice game representing the D Day invasion.
- •Sergeants Miniatures GameA card driven miniature wargame featuring pop-up card terrain. Not to be confused with Sergeants: D-Day, a not-quite compatible board game. Multiple expansions are available, including a series of tank and vehicle add-ons.
- •Memoir '44Built around the Command and Colors system. Cards determine what you can and can't do each turn. Well known but not necessarily well received. Tons of expansions available that add options and variety.
- •War StoriesTwo versions available: Liberty Road and Red Storm. Block wargame with a streamlined card-based system. That system relies a lot on players' common sense, which is horrid for hardcore wargamers. It's meant to represent glorious memories, not realistic events.
- •Axis & Allies Anniversary EditionConsidered the most complete version of the game. Essentially Risk with multiple troop types.
- •Night WitchesA pen and paper RPG. you play a member of an all female Russian bomber squadron. Uses the Apocalypse Engine and focuses on character relationships as much as combat.