Games That Fueled, Profit From, or Are About the Satanic Panic of the 80s
Satan (and Communism) was EVERYWHERE in the 80s.
- •Dungeons & DragonsThe one that started it all.
- •RiftsRarely mentioned by the mainstream, but this RPG included a disclaimer that none of it is real or a model from good behavior.
- •Magic: the GatheringIt had a card called Demonic Tutor. Of course it was called out by bible-thumpers.
- •Mind's Eye TheaterThe tabletop RPG was mentioned side-by-side with D&D, but the live action game REALLY got fundamentalist Christian's attention.
- •Demon: the FallenThis supplanted Vampire: the Masquerade's place.
- •kill puppies for satanIt's meant to be a joke, but this distastefulness hasn't aged well.
- •Satanic PanicA new RPG with the conceit that THE ENTIRE REAL LIFE SATANIC PANIC was true.
- •Demons: the 9th Circle of Hell UNLEASHEDStill being kickstarted, but I promise you that Satan-fearing bloggers will take notice.