My Personal Basket of Deplorables
This is an incomplete list. Very incomplete.
- •The Koch BrothersTwo heads of the same Hydra. It's not enough that they have more money than God, they often use that money to back pro-business candidates and fund think tanks and college organizations that preach the Bible of Capitalism Above All.
- •Peter ThielSilicon Valley's answer to the Koch brothers. Funded Hulk Hogan's lawsuit of Gawker, which brought the news outlet to bankruptcy. While Gawker was in the wrong, this could have a chilling effect on journalism, especially concerning this guy's business ventures.
- •Debbie Wasserman Schultz, former Chairperson of the DNCIf Trump wins, it will ultimately be Wasserman's fault. The fact that she helped rig the primary against Sanders means Clinton will always be the illegitimate candidate.
- •Sheldon Addleson, Casino MagnateWhat really gets me about this guy is that he started from very poor means. As soon as he became rich he forgot what it's like to be poor and did everything he could to stack the deck in his favor. Literally. He bought a local Vegas newspaper to keep them from reporting on his bad works.
- •Heather Bresch, CEO of MylanShe is Sheldon Adelson all over again. Started from the bottom has a factory clerk and worked her way up to CEO. And then immediately forgot what it's like to not be rich.
- •Deepak ChopraI think this guy never actually believed in the scientific method and faked his way through medical school. This way, he had the credentials to back up his whacked-out pseudo-scientific, metaphysical explanations of what some people consider biological mysteries. He should have his medical license revoked.
- •Jenny McCarthyThe queen of anti-vaxxers. I hold her personally responsible for all those kids that came down with the measles when they went to Disneyland.
- •Sheryl Sandberg, COO of FacebookSandberg's book, Lean In, is a disgrace. Basically, she's telling half the population to grin and bear it as their bosses work them to death.
- •John Stumpf, CEO Wells FargoHe says that he's fully accountable for all of these fake bank accounts, and yet he hasn't resigned, hasn't fired any top-level executives, and hasn't returned a penny of the cash earned in the scam.
- •Mitch McConnell, Senate Majority LeaderInstead of helping to govern the nation, this asshole made denying Obama second term his number one priority.