Thematic Nerdcore Games for Poker Players
There's a lot of crossover between poker mechanics and the Wild West theme.
- •Texas Hold'em with ZombiesPoker with a zombie mechanic that hounds players chip stacks and eats them.
- •WestboundA role-playing game set in the fantasy old West. Features a poker driven system.
- •GrimslingersThe unofficial Dark Tower game.
- •Doomtown: ReloadedA massively expandable Living Card Game set in the Weird West. Westworld meets a non-randomized Magic: the Gathering.
- •Perpetual-Motion MachineMake poker hands to keep your fake machine going as long as possible.
- •Batman: Almost Got 'ImPoker meets Werewolf. Inspired by an animated episode about villains telling stories about they ALMOST killed Batman.
- •Dead Hand: Chaos PokerA poker variant. Out of print but you can still find it online for cheap.
- •Poker AssaultBuild standard poker hands to apply effects onto your opponent. Decent game overall. Great gateway game.
- •High Stakes DrifterA proper collectable card game, like Magic: the Gathering. Out of print, but again, easy to find.
- •HocusFantasy poker with spells.
- •Dice TownLiar's Dice meets The Gold Rush.
- •Tiny Epic WesternThis tiny town isn't big enough for the 2 to 6 of you.
- •The Right of KingsA hybrid board and poker game. In medieval and renaissance themes. Due out soon.
- •D6 ShootersA press-your-luck poker-inspired dice game.