The 10 Best Albums Turning 20 This Year That Aren't OK Computer
The year 1997 turns 20 this year and that means several landmark albums do too! Here are some that aren't Radiohead's OK Computer
- •Sleater-Kinney 'Dig Me Out'The crown jewel in one of the most unimpeachable catalogues in rock.
- •Notorious B.I.G. 'Life After Death'Sprawling and imperfect but jam packed with some of the best #BARS in rap history.
- •Yo La Tengo 'I Can Hear the Heart Beating As One'Diverse but distinctive. Noisy but sweet. A triumph of contrasts.
- •Missy "Misdemeanor" Eliot 'Supa Dupa Fly'The weirdest rap and R&B sounds of the next decade sprang from this monster.
- •The Chemical Brothers 'Dig Your Own Hole'While much of the 90's rave scene has aged poorly this album still rules.
- •Belle & Sebastian 'If You're Feeling Sinister'Being depressed has rarely sounded so weightless.
- •Elliott Smith 'Either/Or'Between OK Computer, If You're Feeling Sinister, and this 1997 was a great year to be depressed if such a thing exists, which it doesn't.
- •Cornershop 'When I Was Born Again for the 7th Time'Can you believe Spin thought this was better than OK Computer? Me neither. Don't hold it against it though.
- •Pavement 'Brighten the Corners'The last great Pavement album. Don't sleep on it!
- •Bob Dylan ' Time Out of Mind'SOY BOMB!