My Perfect Albums, in no particular order
This is a non-exhaustive list of albums that I feel are perfect. From the moment they start, to the hidden final track, it is near perfection
- •Before These Crowded Streets by The Dave Matthews BandThis was the first album I felt was my own discovery. The thing I love the most is that it really flows better as a whole than nearly any other album on this list. The minute jams between tracks are fantastic
- •Morning View by IncubusI admit, they aren't the best band in the world, but with this album I am able to travel through time to high school. Many nights spent alone in my backyard falling asleep to this.
- •Lateralus by Tool
- •For me, I was finally able to really appreciate how technically magical music can be for this album. The lyrics are beyond anything you Taylor Swifts or Justin Biebers could conjure in a million years, and the instrumentals are beyond the abilities of anyone I have ever met.
- •Save Rock & Roll by Fall Out BoyIt is the sweet marriage of pop and rock talent. It also has the only song that has Courtney Love that I can listen to in it's entirety.
- •Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band by The Beatles"Of course he has The Beatles." It may seem cliché, but they really created something. This is the first Concept album I realized was a concept album, and it really shows amazing talent.
- •Hospice by The AntlersI just found out about this album 2 months ago, and know I will listen to it for the rest of my life. A concept album that moves me to tears every time.
- •Control by Pedro the LionI feel like there is a trend of concept albums, but this one is really awesome. It takes a bit to grow on you, but I catch myself humming or singing a bunch of tracks all the time.
- •Making Mirrors by Gotye"Somebody That I Used To Know" is the weakest track, and it is still amazing. "Save Me" is also probably one of the best songs of all time.
- •In Rainbows by RadioheadThis album is amazing. Not a single track is weak, and I think Thom Yorke's vocals are insanely awesome.
- •Broken Bride by LudoThis 25 minute masterpiece has it all: true love, time travel, zombies, pterodactyls, dragons, power ballads, lyrical masterwork, and ends with a song that can give me wracking sobs.