Goals for 2017
These are goals I've set for myself to commit to in 2017. Some are incredibly important to me, others would just be fun to do.
- •No soda! I don't even drink it much to begin with, but every time I go out to eat, I order soda. That can add up quickly. My dentist just told me my teeth looked better than when I came in during the summer, and I haven't been drinking soda while at college, so either stress = better teeth, or not drinking soda is actually a healthy choice.
- •I only listened to 20-ish newly released albums this year. Next year? Listen to a new album each week. I'll have a separate ongoing list for that to keep track!
- •I have a terrible habit of looking at an artist's setlist before I see them perform. Next year I want to go into each concert completely blind and in the dark as to what they'll play. That will really add to my enjoyment of the show.
- •I've been meaning to for awhile, but I want to finally start that vinyl record collection I've always talked about owning. This means buying a record player. I welcome all decent quality suggestions as long as I can afford them (obviously).
- •This past year I read the book of Luke in its entirety, making it the first book of the Bible I have ever done that for. In 2017 I want to read at least three more books from the Bible all the way through. I have a more personal goal to refrain from constantly stating my negative opinions of everything, and to try to be more positive in general. Studying a patient, loving dude like Jesus might help me accomplish that.